Rolland Baker: "Dad and his three girls drowning in joy! A perfectly normal conference..."

Soaking Prayer

Soaking Prayer on Facebook

Manifest Presence of God

How He Loves Us--Kim Walker / Jesus Culture

Christian Mysticism

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Breath Prayers

“The Bible tells us to “pray all the time” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 Msg). How is it possible to do this? One way is to use “breath prayers” throughout the day, as many Christians have done for centuries. You choose a brief sentence or a simple phrase that can be repeated to Jesus in one breath: “You are with me.” “I receive your grace.” “I’m depending on you.” “I want to know you.” “I belong to you.” “Help me trust you.” You can also use a short phrase of Scripture: “For me to live is Christ.” “You will never leave me.” “You are my God.” Pray it as often as possible so it is rooted deep in your heart....Practicing the presence of God is a skill, a habit you can develop.”

from: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren p. 89

No comments: